I have one thing left on my To Do List for today (aside from the load of towels in the washing machine). That last thing I need to do is to write my Blog Post of Thankfulness for today.
At the risk of sounding predictable, I am thankful for the Pilgrims that came to this continent in 1620. Specifically, I am thankful for William Bradford. He was the second governor of the Plymouth colonies. Why does he interest me? Because of the fact that he is Hubby's nine times great grandfather! How cool is that?
(Click here or here to read a bit about William Bradford.)
I admire that Mr. Bradford and the Pilgrims wanted to make the trip across the ocean in order to be able to worship God freely. I have been to where the Pilgrims sailed from in the Netherlands and where they landed at Cape Cod. Both times I remember thanking God for the obedience of William Bradford and the others.
I am thankful for...
...William Bradford sailing to the Colony of Virginia
...because of that, I have my husband
...how mind boggling that is
2 comments:
Woah. I feel for that son who got left behind. I didn't read much, but I hope he got reaquainted with his father.
So is peter a decendant of this son, or one of the childeren of the seond wife?
Jenny -- he's a descendant of the second wife's children.
Post a Comment