The day consisted of playing with Charley.... (Caleb with Charley in the backyard.)
(And yes, it was nice enough out to not have to wear a jacket, believe it or not!)
We also were treated to some piano playing:
(Someone sure likes being in on the action...)
The Big Feast was in the middle of the afternoon. It was a success. I ordered a fresh turkey from the grocery store and was pleased that I didn't have to worry about defrosting it and fighting around it for days in the refrigerator. No photos of The Big Feast. Once I got through the last minute prep frenzy and plopped down at the table, I had no thoughts of my camera.
After The Big Feast everyone pitched in and helped clean up.
I just sat at the island and directed traffic. :) And took pictures. :) (Notice that dog is quite interested in the turkey that Zach is carving.)
The rest of the afternoon consisted of the traditional Lounging Around And Feeling Stuffed non-activity. Oh, and there was some Wii playing and book reading.
We enjoyed our pie while watching the season's premiere viewing of Elf. Love, love that movie! (Buddy the Elf, What's your favorite color?)
I am thankful for...
...spending time last weekend and earlier this week preparing some of the dishes ahead of time so I didn't have tons and tons to do today
...having all the kids here
...Hubby being so willing to pitch in and be in charge of clean-up
...that everyone wants leftovers for breakfast (pie, rolls, sweet potato casserole, turkey)
No comments:
Post a Comment