Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 11 of Thankfulness

Today I attended the funeral of my friend of 38 years. It's difficult for me to find something to say that I am thankful for.

I will miss her.

I was able to have a very encouraging conversation with my sweet daughter. A really neat connection happened during that conversation. We bonded over something we have in common now. Losing a friend and feeling like we could have, should have been a better friend. (Go to this blog-post to read about Megan's friend.) Plus it was just sweet to talk with her.

I am thankful for...
...the conversation with my daughter
...for these verses from Job 19

I know that my Redeemer lives,
   and that in the end He will stand upon the earth.
And after my skin has been destroyed,
   yet in my flesh I will see God

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I'm sure it was a difficult day but I'm glad you have your daughter to share with. Thinking of you.