A few months ago I was watching this video tutorial about how to make a Dresden Plate Quilt Block.
As I was watching it, I thought to myself, "I could do that with yellows and make sunflowers."
So, I made this table runner:::
I'm so happy with how it turned out. I mailed it to my daughter-in-law for her birthday. Yesterday she texted me a picture of it on their table. It looked so cute!
I kind of improvised it as I went. I wasn't sure about how to quilt it, but I'm happy with how it turned out.
I also tried a different method of attaching the binding. I usually sew the binding onto the front, then turn it over the edge to the back and hand stitch it down. With this method I sewed it to the back, turned to the front side and top-stitched it down by machine with a decorative stitch. I like how it turned out.
2 comments:
that is gorgeous! I'm so envious of people who are talented enough to do this!
Perfect pattern for sunflowers! Great job!
Post a Comment