Sunday, July 15, 2012

July Journal -- The Worship Service and The Next Quilt

This morning we drove the 50 miles to church. The music was some of my favorite worship songs: In Christ Alone, I Will Rise (and a couple of others that I am just drawing a blank on. Trust me, they were good songs).

The pastors are preaching through some of the Psalms this summer. We feel so refreshed to hear preaching from the Word. This morning was Psalm 13.


How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me? 
Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. 
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the Lord,
for he has been good to me.
 
Good, good sermon. I have asked God, "How long?" lots and lots (and lots) of times. How cool is it that David felt some of the same struggles and God prompted him to write about it and it's available for me to read and be encouraged? God is awesome like that, you know.

After a great long nap this afternoon (kind of a given for a Sunday afternoon, I think), Hubby and I enjoyed some ice cream at a local ice cream joint.

And since I seem to be on a roll with the whole quilting thing, I thought I'd get going on another project. Here's a sneak peak:::



(That square of fabric in the lower left corner is purple. It looks more blue in this photo.) I cut the pieces when I used the quilt shop's die cutter last month. (Click here to see the post I wrote about it.) The pattern is called "Take 5". There are five different fabrics and five components to the block.

So far it's going together pretty easily. I only had to take out two blocks and re-do them. ha. As I've been sewing, I've been thinking about how to put this together using pre-cuts. (Some fabric companies sell fabrics pre-cut into different sizes like 5" squares, 10" squares, triangles, etc.) It would make the block a little bit bigger and be more of a scrappy look using more than five fabrics. I'll see how this quilt turns out and see if I like the overall pattern.

So, that was my Sunday.

No comments: