I'm almost embarrassed to say I don't really know much about London.
***cringing at the look Joyce has on her face as she reads this***
But, so I won't look like a total dweeb, I'll say watching the Changing of the Guard. Those fluffy hats look cool. :) Or maybe a boat ride on the river. Do they do that?
2. What is something in your life right now that feels like an Olympic event?
Waiting.
Waiting.
3. What's your favorite supper to prepare and serve when it's too hot to cook?
I found a pasta dish in a book I read that I just love. The book is called Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough and the dish is called Dressy Bow-Tie Pasta Salad. It has chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store), bow-tie pasta (duh), cucumbers, grapes, spinach, a few other things and a fresh yummy lemon/garlic dressing. So easy to throw together, put in the fridge and pull out when it's time to eat! Add some crusty bread warmed in the toaster oven (so you don't heat up the kitchen by turning on the big oven) and YUM!
I found a pasta dish in a book I read that I just love. The book is called Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Tough and the dish is called Dressy Bow-Tie Pasta Salad. It has chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store), bow-tie pasta (duh), cucumbers, grapes, spinach, a few other things and a fresh yummy lemon/garlic dressing. So easy to throw together, put in the fridge and pull out when it's time to eat! Add some crusty bread warmed in the toaster oven (so you don't heat up the kitchen by turning on the big oven) and YUM!
4. July 18th is National Get Out of the Doghouse Day...when was the last time you were 'in the doghouse'?
It usually happens when I open my mouth when I am angry. Take a deep breath and count to 10, Judy!
It usually happens when I open my mouth when I am angry. Take a deep breath and count to 10, Judy!
5. What television advertisement do you find particularly irritating or inappropriate? You may not answer with 'all of them'. I know some of you were thinking about it.
We mute most commercials around here. Great invention, that mute button! I will say that the commercial advertising 5 Hour Energy just annoys me. Something just rubs me wrong to hear promotion for that product. Seems like a legalized "upper" in some ways.
We mute most commercials around here. Great invention, that mute button! I will say that the commercial advertising 5 Hour Energy just annoys me. Something just rubs me wrong to hear promotion for that product. Seems like a legalized "upper" in some ways.
6. Share one piece of interesting news from the year you were born.
1961. Just checked Wikepedia... it says it was an "upside-up" year. It looks the same upside-down! Now that's interesting! ;) So there is that, and John F. Kennedy became president that year.
1961. Just checked Wikepedia... it says it was an "upside-up" year. It looks the same upside-down! Now that's interesting! ;) So there is that, and John F. Kennedy became president that year.
7. What's the best part of your average day?
When my hubby comes home from work! :) Finally someone to talk to! Plus he's just plain cute and fun to look at. :)
When my hubby comes home from work! :) Finally someone to talk to! Plus he's just plain cute and fun to look at. :)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
When I was sewing the other night, my bangs were hanging in my face and bugging me. Here's a shot of how I remedied that without going upstairs to find a bobby pin:::
Let's not talk about how many tries it actually took to get this picture. I am not good at the self-portrait thing.
When I was sewing the other night, my bangs were hanging in my face and bugging me. Here's a shot of how I remedied that without going upstairs to find a bobby pin:::
Let's not talk about how many tries it actually took to get this picture. I am not good at the self-portrait thing.


9 comments:
Your recipe sounds really good & that is a really imaginative idea to keep your hair up in lieu of a
bobby pin :)
Definitely going to check out that recipe! They actually do have rides down the river...it is SO cool to actually go under London Bridge (although it's not "THE" London Bridge). We opted to skip the changing of the guard (since we had seen the one in Copenhagen) and watched the Horse Guard Inspection instead. Very Cool.
The bow tie pasta sounds good! You should share the recipe... or I guess I should buy the book! And I do like your cute and clever hair clip. Have a great day!
I have not mastered the art of self portrait either. I think you have to be under 30 to really get it : )
I'm going to check out your recipe...sounds good!
Opening my mouth can get me in the doghouse too. Great answer for #6 about the year being upside down. : )
I tend to leave the room or pick up a book during commercials for the most part. I don't know much about London either except that Birdie and the boytoy are there right now enjoying some delicious fish and chips!
Love your favorite time of day.....and the commercial I totally agree! Worst stuff in the world! Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Hi!
I feel the same about the 5 hour drinks. Love the "self portrait". Have a great day!
Sherrie
Food for Thought
That recipe sounds really good. Great invention with the clips in your hair. Maybe you will start a new fad ;)
Post a Comment