This morning I spent about an hour at a park reading a book and munching on an Egg McMuffin. I was thankful for the slightly cooler weather to be able to do that comfortably.
While in the park, I was entertained by a swarm of preschoolers that were playing in the park. I watched in wonder at the sheer joy on the faces of those little ones as they climbed, ran, swung, and slid. I could even hear someone singing as they rode on the horsey swing. Makes me miss having little ones in my life to interact with.
I was amused as I watched two women gathering up their crew of what looked like about 10 three year olds. It took a good ten minutes to get them all to line up and find their spot along the rope they were to hang on to as they walked back to their day care. Of course there were a couple of strays. A couple of kids would get tired of waiting and break away. Frustrating for the care givers, amusing to me.
Watching those little ones loose interest in waiting for their caregivers to organize them so they could safely walk back to their day care made me think about me and God. How often do I not patiently wait for Him to safely guide me to my next place?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones.(Proverbs 3:5-8)
1 comment:
how inspiring. makes you glad you got out of the house, dosen't it? I wonder if that is the park my kids wanted us to stop at (we did) across from the lake. :)
Post a Comment