Monday, July 23, 2012

July Journal -- The Sunday Afternoon

I think that perhaps there should be an award for having the longest title ever for yesterday's post. Our internet has been pooping out late in the evening. Mystery. Frustrating when I have forgotten to write a blog post until late. At least the next morning the internet works. I think a conversation with the service provider may happen in the near future.

Yesterday Hubby and I headed off to church. It's a 45 minute drive, so we entertained ourselves with listening to a couple of CDs. Larry Norman. Good stuff. He is called the father of contemporary Christian music. His first album was produced in 1969. That album was banned in most Christian bookstores because no one thought rock & roll and Christianity went together.

Anyway...church was good. Good songs and great sermon. Again. Worth the drive.

After the worship service we did something pretty unusual for us. Well, the going out to eat part wasn't unusual, we've been doing that after church for years. The unusual thing was we dropped in on someone. We have thought that a friend from college lived in a town about an hour away. We haven't seen him for 28 years...since our wedding. Hubby found his address online and we just marched right up to his house.

Well, we hoped it was his house.

And it was!

We had a wonderful visit with Danny and his wife (whom we had never met). They were very gracious to us for dropping in with no announcement. Sure was fun to reconnect, catch up on each others lives, and talk about old friends. We were in InterVarsity Christian Fellowship together.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

We have been known to drop in sometimes...we reconnected with great friends in this area via drop in.

I don't mind drop ins on my end either...if I knew an old or long lost friend was in the area and they didn't drop in I'd be upset.

Sandy Cutshall said...

Drop ins are such a lost art! Is it really a drop in if you call 1 hour in advance? Remember 2 years ago after my family reunion??

And this would be Danny R? My cousin lives in the same town, and knows his family! :)