This afternoon we bought some sweet corn from a road-side stand. Tonight we had what I think is a classic summer time meal.
Maybe the grill salmon isn't a classic MidWest meal, but it sounded yummy to us tonight.
Do you see the orange-ish colored stuff on the blueberries and peaches? Tang. Yep, Tang! My mom invented that idea. She has put it on her fresh fruit salads for years. I just love it!
Questions:
When you eat sweet-corn-on-the-cob, do you roll the corn in a stick of butter, or spread it on with a knife? (We roll it in a stick of butter here.)
Do you eat the corn in rows or around? (Hubby and I are opposites. I eat around, he eats in rows.)
3 comments:
Sweet corn...gotta love it! We generally spread the spread on with a knife, except when I had those cool things you put a half-stick into and spread it over your corn cob. (Not sure what box they are packed in...) As far as eating, I prefer rows. Hubby cuts it off the cob, and then eats it from a pile. He hates stuff getting caught in his teeth! Hand me a napkin...and then a toothpick!!
HI! I'm back on the computer after an absence and vacation. I just have to comment because of our "small world" tie - I had never rolled a cob on a stick of butter until we had dinner at the David's. We had both grown up trying to evenly spread butter with a knife. We adopted the David's way and I think of them every time I roll an ear of corn on butter. I think I'll let Julie know :).
Tang? Now I might have to try that.
We have been grilling our corn so I spread a very little bit of butter on the shucked corn (with my hands) and then roll it in foil and grill. I used to need it slathered in butter but hubs and I have gotten to where we like it almost plain now. Its so good on the grill.
Post a Comment