Believe it or not, we had company last weekend! Real company. And the best part? It was our daughter and son-in-law (and their puppy)!
We watched Charley play in the lake. He just loves to swim! (and he did leave the family of ducks alone.)
We watched Megan and Zach and Charley play.
| (This looks like Zach is holding Megan up with just his arms, but he really is supporting her with his legs, too. He's not quite that super-human!) |
Megan cut these flowers in our yard! I didn't even realize we had so many varieties. They are so pretty.
I think the funnest and sweetest part of the weekend was when Megan and Zach fixed dinner for us all on Saturday night! Yes, they came to visit us and fixed us dinner in our house! How sweet are they? It was such a blessing to us. They made a totally Thai meal. I sat at the kitchen island and watched and directed Megan around the kitchen since we've moved and she doesn't know her way around this kitchen at all. This was the appetizer and my favorite part of the meal, even though everything they made was scrumptious! In the picture: Julienned Mango, Cucumber and Carrots, Frizzled Shallots, and Shrimp marinated in lime zest, rice vinegar and I don't remember what else. It was sooo tasty!
We went to church together on Sunday and I was able to introduce my daughter to a woman I have met through a Tuesday morning Bible study I've been going to! I miss worshiping on Sundays with my girl. She's the best. And she married a pretty terrific guy, too!
Having their dog in our house was a new experience for us non-pet people. It was fun since he is a good puppy (except when he decided to not go outside and use the yard and used our living room carpet instead...) and Megan and Zach do a great job of taking care of him. I thought it was pretty funny watching Charley slide around on the wood floors and how worried he was when everyone else was outside. He kept pacing back and forth looking out various windows trying to find his buddy, Zach. Now we have nose prints on the windows. :)
A side note here. We don't like to do garage sales, but had some pretty big things we wanted to get rid of. So we (and when I say "we" I mean hubby, of course) put a coffee table, end table, giant speakers, lawn chairs, and an area rug on the front lawn with signs on them. We sold every single one! Now we are $74 richer! Woohoo! Now that's my kind of garage sale. :)

2 comments:
I really like your pictures of Charley :) He misses you.
Megan did a BEAUTIFUL job on arranging the flowers! Some people make it look so easy! Maybe my problem is I don't spend enough time on them but can never get them to look nice in the vase. Love all the pics, Judy!
Post a Comment