Monday, July 11, 2011

French Breakfast Puffs (Pioneer Woman)

**Another great addition from me for our Cooking Through PW Cooks Adventure.** 


Saturday afternoon I made some breakfast food. Afternoon is the best time to make breakfast food, in my opinion. Why? Because it's not morning.
These French Breakfast Puffs are really simple to make. You do the basic mix the dry ingredients together and then the wet ingredients, then combine. Easy stuff. My mom taught me this when I was 9 or so. The muffins have a bit of nutmeg in them for some yummy flavor.


I like to use my ice cream/cookie scoop to fill the cups in the muffin pan. So quick and easy!


The muffins are baked until slightly golden brown. I took this picture to show my awesome tool I use for get muffins out of pan. I won it years (decades?) ago at a Tupperware party. If I remember correctly, its intended use is for potting plants. I remember the forked end was supposed to be used to aerate the soil or something like that. I have always used it when I bake muffins. It works great!


The next steps are what make these delectable... The warm muffins are dipped, yes dipped in melted butter and then dredged through cinnamon sugar. Oh my. Yummy!


Ree, The Pioneer Woman, says these freeze well and are just as yummy warmed up in the microwave. I have some in the freezer and will test that out.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I am heading out the door to Zumba and should not be looking at any sort of French breakfast treat! They look scrumptious!

Megan said...

Maple Pecan Scones coming tomorrow! :)