Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2001 Summer Memories

The summer of 2001was a momentous one for this family. We moved back to the USA after spending three years living in Singapore. It was a big adjustment for all of us. We moved from an Asian city/country of over 4 million people to an Upper Mid-West town of 15,000. Quite the change.

Here's a picture of my babies on their last day of school in Singapore. They went to an American school there and had the privilege of wearing uniforms. Aren't they adorable? Megan was 11 and Caleb was a cool 14, spiked hair and all. :)

 Before we left the country, we made sure to eat at all our favorites restaurants. This was our favorite seafood place.

Look at those prawns.... Yummmm!!


Before we headed back to our home country, we flew around the world the opposite way we had done before and stopped in Europe for a week's vacation.

We spent time in Paris:


Belgium and Holland
(Oh, I remember those days when my babies were shorter than me! How time just flies by...)

When we got to the USA, we spent a week in a hotel and were in our house for 5 weeks with only a smattering of rental furniture. Finally, our container that was shipped over the Pacific arrived. Just check out all the leftover packing material filling up the drive way:



Because we were just too tired of unpacking boxes, we headed out west to our  favorite family camp in Colorado and my loved ones decided to hang themselves off the side of a mountain.
Why didn't I go rappelling? Well, someone needed to take the pictures! And I wanted to make sure everyone else had a chance to rappel. Wasn't that nice of me? I went when I was in college, so check out the picture of me when I post about Summer Memories 1981.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

These are fun posts...that pile of boxes gave me flashbacks : )

Olson Family said...

I just saw this post - will have to share our pile o' boxes/wrapping when ours arrives in August!