Friday, July 22, 2011

1986 Summer Memories

Just a couple more posts in my Summer Memories Series. (Don't act so relieved...)

The summer of 1986 found us living in Wichita, Kansas and celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary. I sometimes wish I could go back and view some of those early days. It gets a little harder to remember things like how it felt to be so young and how my hair was that color all by itself with no extra help. ;) I made Hubby (who's always a good sport and is thankful for whatever gift I give him) a cute, but cheesy cross-stitch that says "Happiness is Being Married to Your Best Friend." After close to 27 years, I still agree with that.


I didn't see a lot of pictures from this summer in our photo albums. I do remember it was an exciting summer because that was when we found out we were going to have our first baby!

Hubby made a business trip to Chicago that summer of 1986 and brought me back a teddy bear we named Bradford. Bradford was a source of comfort to our kids in the years to come when they were sick or sad or trying to recover from a broken heart.


A lack of funds and not very much vacation time meant the vacation time Hubby did have was spent visiting the family. This is my in-laws and me out for a walk. Pretty sure my mother-in-law was looking for some birds with those binoculars.

No comments: