Thursday, July 14, 2011

1996 Summer Memories

The summer of 1996 found us in Colorado again. (Well, since I'm going backwards with this whole Walk Down Memory Lane thing, I should say this is the first time we went to Colorado as a family.)

I remember we had a great time in the car on the way out reading books, listening to Adventures in Odyssey, listening to Bill Cosby, stopping to get ice cream, running off energy at rest areas.

This was the first summer we attended Family Camp at Bear Trap Ranch. It's in the mountains near Colorado Springs. The grown-ups get lots of great Biblical teaching and the kids have a great program geared towards them and towards teaching them about God.



Oh be still my heart. These two are adorable at ages 6 and 9. They had the best week at Bear Trap. (Caleb ended up working at Bear Trap the summer of 2008 as part of the kitchen crew. He was sooo lucky to live here and work here.)


We visited Whit's End in Colorado. Anybody else listen to Adventures in Odyssey?  (If you look close, that adorable little girl is missing a front tooth! So cute!)



After our week at Family Camp we went camping. Oh yes we did! Here's proof.... That's our van and I can see the back of me. We still own the tent, but it hasn't been used in a very long time. We sold the van to some friends before we moved overseas and I recently heard that they are still driving it! (I think it's 17 years old!)

What amazing kids to so cheerfully wash the dishes. Oh fun memories.


We enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Colorado. This is the Continental Divide. (Helpful travel hint: Don't eat a bag of Fritos before driving up to 10,000 plus feet altitude. Your stomach won't like it.)

We just love the majesty of Colorado!

How lucky am I to still be married to this wonderful, handsome man?

2 comments:

Joyce said...

Adventures in Odyssey! We loved that program...the one about the tornado positively terrified my girls : )

I love Colorado too...my dad was from just outside of Denver and my grandparents had a farm that faced the mountains. Spectacular does not begin to describe the scenery.

Sandy Cutshall said...

Ditto on Adventures in Odyssey! We also visited Whit's End (and the whole Focus on the Family facility) 3 years ago. How many of our kids know the zip code? (I do!)

And the next time you travel up to the Continental Divide, just bring along a bag of Fritos and watch them swell up...and maybe burst! (big bag of tortilla chips...exploded)