It's in reference to what happens when I go outside to grill something or turn on the hose to water the garden.
Mr. and Mrs. Robin have decided to build a nest over the light fixture right outside the back door
and they do not like anyone in their personal space. NO. ONE.
To avoid having a bird fly in my face or worse, one fly in the house I put this friendly reminder on the back door:
Whenever one of us goes out that door, we pound on it to get Mrs. or Mr. Robin (whose job is it to sit on the nest?) to fly away.
Yes, we have resorted to knocking as we leave the house.
Yes, we have resorted to knocking as we leave the house.
Mrs. (for the point of the story, we'll go with the Mrs. having the nest sitting and guarding job) Robin will then fly to the nearest tree:
She will then proceed to squawk at me the WHOLE time I am outside. Did you know robins can squawk? This one sure can! A lot of the time I am grilling I will just stay out there and play on my phone. (What do I play? Angry Birds, of course!) She squawks and squawks and watches me the whole time. Once she got within about 10 feet from me. When I got my camera to take these pictures and stood at the top of the stairs to get the shot of the nest, she flew to the roof of the house very near me.
I told her not to worry, I wasn't going to hurt her babies!
| (Hubby got this shot for me, blindly holding the camera as high as he could. Sorry it's a little blurry... but aren't they pretty blue eggs?) |
What is she going to be like when those two babies hatch???
Maybe we'll just have to go out to eat instead of grilling. :)
2 comments:
A robin made a nest in some shrubs beside my mom's back porch. Similar attitude : ) Once the babes were born and mobile they all abandoned the spot.
grill some chicken...and tell the birds that this is what happens to angry birds.
Post a Comment