Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Just Keep Blogging, Just Keep Blogging, Blogging, Blogging

I have really neglected this blog lately. I think I'll try to jump-start myself back into gear by answering this week's Wednesday HodgePodge Questions.


1. What is the most useful book in your house?
The Bible.
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16
 
2. What's worse-being too hot or too cold?
I hate it when it is terribly cold outside. It's not fun when it hurts to breathe because it's -10 or more. 
But then... there's the whole personal furnace issue I have going on because of growing older. The other night I didn't sleep very well because I would wake up either over-heated or super cold. Sigh. If I really need to choose, I would say it's worse being too hot. I get quite grumpy. I need air-conditioning.

3. Share something that made you smile this past weekend.
I finally found a new wallet (or is it called a billfold?) to replace one I've have for more than 10 years. It's green. I like green.
I also got to go shopping at a Super Target! Happiness. 

4. How do you like your hamburgers? Or don't you?
I don't order or fix hamburgers very often, but next time I do, I think I will put some Swiss cheese between two (small) patties, seal the edges and grill. My dad used to make them like that. Yum.

5. What's your summer beach read?
I've been reading A Walk Across America by Peter Jenkins.

(But not at the beach. I know it's probably unpopular, but I really, really, really don't like being at the beach. I think the most boring-est [I know that's awful grammar] day could be laying in the HOT sand or by a pool and getting all yucky and sweaty, not to mention sunburned and prematurely wrinkled. Ugh. I have spent days like that, but it's not high on my list of things to do. Not high at all.)

Anyway... back to the book. A Walk Across America was written a bit more than 30 years ago by a man who decided he wanted to walk across the country to find out if America was worth anything. He writes about the people he met and the experiences he had along the way. I read the book probably 20 years ago. It's been a good book to read again.


6. How was your birthday celebrated when you were a kid?
I always got to pick out whatever I wanted for supper and my mom would fix it. One thing I remembered I liked was a Banana "Salad". Mom would slice the bananas length wise, spread mayo and peanut butter in between, and cut the bananas into slices. It sounds kinda gross, doesn't it? I haven't had this in years. I wonder if I would still like it.

But, the best part was I also got to pick out what flavor and shape of cake I wanted. Here are pictures of my 3rd, 4th and 5th birthday cakes:
I did the same thing for my kids. I enjoyed making the cakes for my kids and honestly miss that now that they are grown and married.


7. What's something that is totally uncool that you love anyway?
Brussel Sprouts.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
 Here's a random photo from my phone. This makes me laugh because it looks like Charley (the dog) is helping my son-in-law figure out his next move in the game.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

I love the picture in your random thought...it does look like the dog wants to play.

I love the beach-in any weather. I cannot just lay in the sun though, there must be water and an umbrella and a good book. Have a great day!

SusanD said...

I am all about Brussel sprouts. So they are def on the "cool" list! lol. The Bible was my first choice too. Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

Oh...and "personal furnace" made me giggle. :)

Tammy Enjoy Life said...

Enjoyed your answers. I also like brussel sprouts!!!

Amiee said...

That sounds like a great book to read!

I like the beach, in theory. But, I hate sand on my feet. And then there's the hot sun. And crowds of people. But, I like the beach :) LOL

Peter said...

Wow! I didn't know there were that many people in the world who all truly liked brussel sprouts (and their stinkiness). As the other one who shares this house, I can say that it is a good thing that they aren't cooked often and aren't ever served to me.