Tuesday, July 12, 2011

2006 Summer Memories

We've had a pretty quiet summer so far. So much so, it's been sending me back down memory lane to what we had been up to in the past summers. I thought it would be fun to venture down those roads on this old blog. In a few weeks we will have been married for 27 years. No, I won't review all 27 years. Let's just go with every 5 years, okay?

The summer of 2006 found us out West in Montana and Wyoming. This was our second to last family vacation.  Caleb had finished his freshman year at college and Megan was 16.

It was a great time with these two almost grown kids. We had to stop at this sign for a wonderfully, predictable photo-op.


Then those almost grown kids had to run through this meadow and frolic. Yes, that's my babies. :) They are awesome.



In Yellowstone, we had a fun picnic in the woods. It was beautiful. And evidently my kids were saying something really funny based on my face and how I am obviously laughing. Oh, I miss those times of laughing with my kids. We still laugh together, but just not often enough.



We came across some of these big fellows in Yellowstone. It was pretty cool to be so close (AND to be in the car). Buffalo are BIG!


Later in the week back in Montana my babies went rafting down this river. (Ever heard of the movie "A River Runs Through It"? Well, this is that river.)



Aren't they having fun? (I wonder what Caleb is yelling...)

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Definitely on my list of places to go!