Wednesday, July 20, 2011

1991 Summer Memories

I still have a few more posts to go in my Summer Memories Series. I have had so much fun looking through the photo albums.

(I should add in here how proud I am of myself. I figured out a very simple way to get the scanned photos to my laptop. My laptop is not connected to the printer. I can print things wirelessly, but the scanned photos go to the computer it's hooked up to. So as I was starting to scan, I noticed some, what do you call them? Holes? Slots? Anyway, I noticed some places you could put a jump drive or a memory card. So I got a memory card and stuck it in there, scanned away, and transferred them to my computer! Simple!)

The summer of 1991 was busy with two little ones. Caleb was 4 1/2 and Megan was 18 months. We celebrated the 4th of July with Hubby's aunt and uncle and family in Kansas. (Who knew Caleb would get married in that town on July 4th 18 years later?!) Caleb wanted to know what the 4th of July was and when I told him it is our country's birthday he wanted a birthday cake. Hubby's aunt stuck a couple of birthday candles in the watermelon. How cute is that?



Speaking of cute! I just cannot get over how adorable this little sweetie was in her red, white and blue!
(Just look at that little belly sticking out!) I just want to squeeze that little one again!



We spent the rest of the summer doing fun things like feeding, (or was it chase?), some ducks.

Caleb gave Megan some rides around the basement in his trusty red laundry basket. Weee!


There was also some serious sunbathing that took place. Playing in a 8" deep plastic pool in the back yard is tiring business! Love, love, love Megan's bathing suit and her little bum sticking up in the air. :)



Me and my girl all ready for church. I'm loving my BIG read earrings here. I was the queen of matching earrings. The flowers in the background? Pretty sure Hubby gave them to me for our 7th anniversary. I carried yellow roses in our wedding.


It was a busy summer. Sleeping with her favorite baby named Amy was a necessity. She always tucked it under her arm like that.
Sometimes I wish I had jammies that snapped the top and bottom together. :) 
Fun, fun sweet memories.


1 comment:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

oh so sweet! Love those "old" pictures of the kids! I see you were quite adept on dressing the kids in WAY 90's clothing, hehe! What do the kids think of their baby clothes??