Monday, May 9, 2011

Daily Photo Journal -- May 9

Have any of my readers ever had a project they've intended to do, but have put it off because you fear it's more involved than you want?

Well, I have. Several times.

Today's project was to re-stuff some pillows that go with our couch because what was inside just wasn't enough. They sagged. My first plan was to buy pre-made pillow forms. When I was shopping for them, I decided it would be a lot cheaper to make my own pillow forms. So I bought two bags of stuffing and found some fabric in my stash at home that would work for the covers. This afternoon I tackled the job.

Thankfully, there is a zipper on the back of the pillows, so it was easy to get in to. I thought there would be a pillow form inside, but I found that there was a cover with stuffing inside. Just not enough. So I cut off one end, and added stuffing, sewed it back up and stuffed it back in and Poof! It was perfect!

The before is on the left with the improved pillow on the right.

Much, much better. It only took me three years to do a 30 minute job. Sigh.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

I have many projects I've intended to do but have put off : ) I hope you're doing well!