Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daily Photo Journal -- May 26 (Pioneer Woman - Migas)

My next recipe to tackle in The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook was something called Migas. Ree says that they are known in the Southwest and describes them as "an exceedingly flavorful scrambled egg dish."  Since I'm a Midwest girl, it's no wonder I've never heard of them.

These "exceedingly flavorful scrambled eggs" have onion, red and green pepper, tomatoes, and jalapenos in them. A quite unique ingredient is corn tortillas that are fried until almost crispy.
I actually think I'd like the corn tortillas more crispy. They were hard to cut up (Hubby to the rescue!), and they seemed kinda mushy in the mix with everything else.

Here's a shot of everything cooking:

The finished product on my plate with Monterrey Jack cheese and cilantro added. (Oh, I love cilantro!) I also added an avocado to my plate.

The verdict? It tasted okay
When I make something new, I ask two questions: 
1) Do you like it? 2) Should I make it again? 

The answers to this dish are 1) Yes and 2) No.
(Sorry, Ree)

No comments: