Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday

Today we spent the day with my mom. We hadn't been to see her since she moved to a skilled care home. She seems to have a nice room with a decent view. She does physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy five days a week. She has made a lot of progress, but will never ever be the same. I think what breaks my heart the most is Mom's inability to talk. I know she wants to tell me things, but can't. Hubby and I took her to a chapel service in the home this morning. I heard Mom hum along a little bit to the old Swedish hymn Children of the Heavenly Father. (My mom is 100% Swedish.) I cried.

I am thankful for...
...the people who take care of my mom
...my dad's devotion to my mom (I cannot express this enough)
...hugs and kisses and smiles from my mom
...chatting on-line with my son this evening
...a frozen yogurt stop on the way home
...continuing to read Tom Sawyer to Hubby in the car (I have never read this book)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

so sweet... your visit with Mom, her humming along to the hymn, your thankful list. you've got an eye for what's beautiful and meaningful in life, Judy.