My sister and brother-in-law took my mom to the chapel service in the home where Mom is staying. I slept in a little and we met Mom in her room when they got back from the service. Dad came shortly after that when he had finished up with some things that their church he needed to do. When Dad took mom to eat her lunch, the rest of us went to a little cafe in another part of the home.
I will just go and say right now that even though the sandwich was very good, the pie was the best part of lunch. Of course. I knew it would be. How? My son-in-law's mother made it. She owns and cooks and bakes at a little tearoom restaurant about 45 minutes away and once a week brings pies to the home where Mom is staying. Such a fun connection.
As always, it was hard to say good-bye to Mom.
I am thankful for...
...Lemon Meringue Pie
...lunch conversations with family
...another frozen yogurt stop on the way home
...a quiet Sunday night at home
...God's never-ending, constant, powerful, life-changing love
...my mom
...my dad
No comments:
Post a Comment