Today was a bit of an Eclectic Election Day.
(See what I did there with that clever use of words?? I amuse myself.)
I did a load of laundry.
I remembered my long-time friend who died a year ago today. I prayed for her family. I cried. I missed her. I gasped when I saw her picture on her sister's Facebook wall. I cried.
I had mac and cheese with bits of lobster in it for lunch.
I voted.
I bought a potato that weighed 1.6 pounds. Yikes!
I knocked the mouth off of a giraffe.
I fixed potato bologna and mashed potatoes and peas for supper. Cherry pie is later.
Wait... what's that you ask? How did I knock the mouth off of a giraffe?
Poor Giraffe. I knocked it off the shelf it was sitting on and the mouth broke off. I just need to figure out what kind of glue to use to fix it. My parents bought it in Uganda for me.
I am thankful for...
...having the privilege to vote
...mashed potatoes
...prayer when I don't know how else I can help my friend's family in their grief
...glue
2 comments:
What is potato bologna?
Mac and cheese with lobster in it? Oh. My. Goodness - that sounds DELISH!
I can't imagine a potato that weighs over 1 1/2 lbs. Wow!
I'm like Joyce ... I've never heard of Potato Bologna.
Post a Comment