Gadgets.
I am a sucker for kitchen gadgets. Send me into a store that has kitchen gadgets and I can get lost for a long, long time as I look everything over.
Last month I made a huge batch of applesauce cooked in my crockpot. I
spent a little more than an hour peeling, coring and cutting up apples. And ended up with yummy applesauce and a sore hand.
After that hour I made a momentous decision. I decided to buy the ultimate kitchen gadget. I bought one of these:
This is the slickest thing ever invented! I know, I know. It's been around forever and ever. I've eyed them (for over 20 years) whenever I looked through a Pampered Chef catalog. I just finally decided I would put it to good use. Today I bought a ton of apples. I like to use a lot of different varieties. I probably had 6 or 7 different kinds of apples. I set up my nifty new apple peeler/corer/slicer and went to town.
Here's what left after a few turns of the handle:
In LESS THAN THIRTY MINUTES this is what I had:
I know it's overflowing, but it will all cook down. Those brown sticks are cinnamon sticks. All I add to the apples is cinnamon sticks and lemon zest. Well, I would add lemon zest if I had a lemon. I didn't, so today I just added a splash of lemon juice. I don't add any sugar.
I am looking forward to...
...kitchen gadgets
...apples
...a hubby who works hard on little jobs around the house to keep the house in tip-top shape
...a warm Saturday in November
2 comments:
Yyyummm! That looks yummy! Have you ever been to the General Store in Minnetonka? That's a great kitchen gadget store. So is The Grande Depot near st cloud (I94 on the hwy 23 exit). Maybe il l have to break out myvapple peeler. I have the PC one that clamps to the edge of a table
I, too, am a huge sucker for kitchen gadgets, which is why I love going to Pampered Chef parties (and am going to one this afternoon, in fact). ;-)
Post a Comment