Today was a Pinterest day in action.
My first task was to use this scrub for shaving my legs. It combines
sugar, oil and lime or lemon juice. It does a wonderful job of making my
legs super smooth. I've used it a couple of times. The only drawback is that it makes a mess of the shower. The oil makes it kinda slimy. (Would it be tacky to take that mixture with me when I am going to stay in a hotel and let someone else clean it up?)
The next task, then, was to clean the shower up. I used this tip for cleaning the shower. Basically you combine vinegar and Dawn dish-washing liquid and spray on the walls. It did a good job. My shower isn't spotless, but then it was quite grungy, I'm embarrassed to say. I'd use that mixture again.
For supper tonight we had tomato soup, sliced apples and grilled cheese sandwiches (yes, I burned one side) on some whole grain bread I bought at Panera. I also doctored up the sandwiches some with some sun-dried tomato pesto. Mmmm! I found that recipe on Pinterest as well. Here's a link to the original post. I only made a half a recipe and that seems to be plenty for the two of us. I put the extra in the freezer.
(See? I told you it was a Pinterest Day in action.)
Whew! I'm tuckered out. I haven't even opened a box of stuff I ordered from Lands' End that Mr.
UPS delivered today. And yesterday I got a quilt back from the Missouri
Star Quilt Company that needs a binding sewn on it.
Name this kitchen gadget:
No, I didn't find this on Pinterest. :) I just used it tonight when I made the sun-dried tomato pesto. It takes the skin off of garlic cloves. I had seen it in kitchen gadget stores I had always wondered if it really worked. I told Hubby that when we in a kitchen store and he encouraged me to just go ahead and buy it. It really works! I totally love it.
I am thankful for...
...a place to easily find ideas and recipes
...a new kitchen gadget that works well
...a clean shower
...having an evening at home with my Hubby

1 comment:
I ordered one of those garlic peelers at the Pampered Chef party I went to. I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets, so I thought I'd try it to see if it worked. I'm glad to know that those garlic peelers really do work. Mine should be here in about a week. ;-)
Post a Comment