As I was writing the post yesterday about my wonderful weekend with old college friends, I totally forgot a really cool thing Chuck and Carol did for me.
Back in May Chuck and Carol represented the Ohio Pork Producers (they are hog farmers in Ohio) and attended an event with Guy Fieri (a Food Network star). I was excited for them and followed Chuck's comments on Facebook leading up to and during the event. I thought that would have been a fun thing to do.
Last week when we saw each other, Carol pulled Guy's cookbook out of her suitcase. They had gotten a copy of it for ME and had it autographed for ME! How cool is that? I think it was the sweetest thing someone has done for me in a long time. Thanks so much, friends!
Did they know how much I love cookbooks? I'm so excited to cook through this!


2 comments:
Thanks, Judy, for your kind comment on my blog today. I wish we lived in the same town too. Do you ever visit Chicago? (We could meet for coffee.)
I love thoughtful people. How sweet of your friends to get you this autographed cookbook.
Fondly,
Glenda
Looking forward to some yummy posts. I've tried the Irish Nachos (p.55) and the Rhode Island Style Chili Sauce (p.354). of course I adjusted for my limited selection of "small town" ingredients...but they were very good. Chili was similar to Cincinatti style chili...very popular in our area. Glad you are enjoying your book.
Post a Comment