Tomorrow morning I am heading up to the Big Cities to meet up with someone I haven't seen for almost 10 years. I get to spend a day and a half with my college roommate! Carol and I lived together for two years. I married an engineer and have followed him all over the world. Carol married a farmer and has lived in Ohio on a farm ever since. We've had different lives, but I have a feeling we still have tons in common. I told Carol last night on Facebook chat that sometimes when I think about seeing her I almost cry because I am so incredibly excited.
I'll end this with a lovely picture that Carol posted on Facebook this morning. Please keep in mind this is 28 years ago.
I made that dress for Carol for her senior recital. (The buttons were supposed to be off-set.) I noticed that the necklace I have one is from Hubby. He gave it to me the first Valentine's Day we were dating even though we said we wouldn't exchange gifts. I accepted it, of course. (I never did or will turn down a gift of jewelry!)

5 comments:
Exactly 9 years ago today both you and Carol signed my guestbook at our house in FD, along with Jan L and Joni G. Have fun! Hi Carol!!
You are so pretty, Judy :) I love your hair. What a special picture of you the two of you - I hope you are having fun!
I always love any retro pictures you post on here. Don't stop!
That's really cool that you got to spend time with Mandie recently too. much love --
Waiting to hear about your reunion! Hope you had fun!
I had a blast visiting with my dearest college friend. Sharing stories and pics makes the years go pleasantly by. I learned that she has a deep love and admiration for her husband and he cheriishes her. Her children bring her great pride and joy. Caleb & Amanda, Megan & Zach can rise up and call her blessed. Her deep love for Jesus has gotten stronger over the years and she sings His praises everyday. We laughed. We cried. We shopped. (MOA, IKEA, Crate and Barrel-LIKE!!!) "Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them....the welcome never ends....a lifetime's not too long to live as friends.". Love you. Thanks for the good times. -Carol
Post a Comment