When Megan (daughter) and Zach (her hubs) were here a few weeks ago Megan and I made Pioneer Woman's Sour Cream Pancakes. For Breakfast. Yes. You read that right. I actually helped make breakfast! It was great fun to work together with Megan. (I miss that girl very much.)
Anyway....
Back to the project. Here is Megan "approving" of the ingredients we assembled. :) (That would be sugar, flour, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, sour cream, and eggs)
We mixed together the dry ingredients with the sour cream. It was very thick at this point.
Next, the wet ingredients were mixed together and then added to the dry ingredients.
Here they are sizzling away on my very old griddle. We melted some butter first to grease the pan and to make it extra yummy, of course.
Oh, and I thought I'd throw in a picture of Megan and Zach's dog, Charley, watching the action outside. I think he just liked to have different things to look at. :) He didn't help with the pancakes, nor did he eat any. He just wandered around the table to see if any one would share. :)
Back to breakfast.... Here's the finished product along with some bacon. We all liked the pancakes. They had a bit of a different texture than "normal" pancakes. Megan says that that the texture was smooth and a little more dense since the recipe didn't contain oil or baking powder like most pancakes. (She's a pancake expert since it was a simple, quick supper for her last year during her first year of marriage and first year of Pharmacy school.)
(Have any of you tried baking bacon in the oven instead of frying it on the stove top? I did for that morning and it was quite simple. And I think it cut down on the lingering bacon smell afterwards.)
1 comment:
Yum! Yes, I've cooked bacon in the oven. I place metal baking racks on cookie sheets, and lay the bacon slices on the racks. Can't remember what temp. I cook them at. Maybe 350. The grease drips off (most of it, anyway) and the bacon is cooked in nice even strips. Cleaning the
cookie sheets and racks can be a little messy, though.
Post a Comment