We were at home this weekend.
And we had some fun together.
The End.
Well that's not really all of it. I'll fill in some details. (No snoozing allowed!)
Friday was kind of a stinky day for me. Hubby got news that a conference that he was scheduled to go to got canceled. I know it really doesn't have anything to do with me, I mean I wouldn't actually attend the conference, but I like to go with him and spend time in an actual Big City. So I was a bit bummed when he told me the news.
Being the thoughtful Hubby he is, he came home from work with the suggestion of a date night. That sounded good to me! We drove to a town about 50 miles away to eat at a steak place we had been to before. I ordered a T-bone. When it was brought to me I started to cut a chunk off for Hubby, and noticed it looked like it was cooked closer to rare than medium as I had ordered it. I cut into the middle of the steak and stuck my finger in there. Cold. Ugh. I don't eat cold/uncooked meat. Hubby flagged down the owner and thankfully the owner was apologetic and took it away to cook it more. The best part? He didn't charge us for the $25 steak! It tasted even better after it was cooked more and was free!
While dinner was pretty good, I must say my favorite part of the date was the shopping trip to Target. My all time favorite store, hands down! And yes, that was in the date night plan Hubby had made. He knows me so well. :)
Saturday we worked on a few projects around the house. Remember when I wrote about the bird nest outside our back door? When the birds had left the nest, Hubby went out to get rid of the nest and clean up the area. He used the power washer. And the paint around the door frame started coming off. Ugh. So today he scraped it some more and primed it. I felt bad that the nest clean-up job resulted in more work. At least it's only the door frame...
I worked on writing a post about our trip Up North and then on a sewing project.
Hubby and I watched a movie Saturday night we bought at Target for $4.75. Where the Red Fern Grows. Anyone read the book written in 1961 or seen the movie that was filmed in 1974 with music written by the Osmonds and sung by Andy Williams? Yep. Cheesy all the around. But hey, it was $4.75! But the movie did have a good message about keeping your word and working hard.
Sunday we skipped the church service that was at the county fair grounds.
We spent some time getting things ready for company.
Yes, you read that right. We had company!
A friend and her cousin and the cousin's boyfriend came to visit. The friend is 20. Can us old 50 year olds have 20 year old friends? Sure! She's part of a family that we went to church with in our previous town. She and our daughter were good friends. Her (5) brothers were friends with our son. In fact her triplet brothers were groomsmen in our son's wedding two years ago. (When we moved to that town 10 years ago I prayed for a good, solid Christian friend for our son. He was blessed with all three of them as friends!) It has been a couple of years since we had seen her and she wanted to see our new house, so she road-tripped here with some buddies. We had a good time together. A couple of them entertained themselves with reading some of my blog books. They seemed very interested in it. Hmmm.... maybe I should go back and read it...
So that was our weekend. Hope no one feel asleep during the recap.
Monday finds me on the road to our previous town to get a haircut and some fresher highlights and to "deny my age" as my son likes to say. In other words, I pay money to not look like I'm 50. And I'm proud of it. :)
1 comment:
I haven't ever watched the movie but the book, Where the Red Fern Grows is one of mine and my girls all time favorites. We read it aloud way back when. We all bawled.
Post a Comment