I'm still here. I haven't fallen. I just am having writer's block. Common excuse in the Blogging World.
For tonight I think I will just try a list form.
1. I had a dentist appointment this morning. For some reason I was anxious about the appointment. Maybe it has to to with the fact that 6 months ago I had to get a crown on a molar and that wasn't the most fun experience in the world. Also, the dentist? Not my favorite personality. Thankfully I only had to put up with him for about 4 minutes. Seriously? I should correct myself and say that I had a dental hygienist appointment this morning. I hope she gets paid as well as the dentist. Oh, and I had no cavities. Yay! (But my teeth hurt. Ugh)
2. I am oh so very thankful for the beautiful sunsets we are blessed with being able to see from our house every single night. I love that they are different every single night. God is so creative and I think He must have fun painting a new one every single night.
3. The soybean field next to our house is slowly turning yellow. Fall is coming. Which means winter is next. Sigh.
4. I have a turkey in the fridge thawing out. No, I'm not getting ready for Thanksgiving already. Hubby got it free last year and I finally remembered it was in the freezer in the garage. My plan is to cut it up like I would a chicken and grill it and baste it with Italian salad dressing. I hope it works.
5. After all that turkey is grilled, I think I'm going to have to find some recipes to use it all up. Any ideas out there in blog land?
6. We had three or so days of a mystery beep in the house. It took us that long to narrow it down to the correct smoke detector. There was no pattern to when the beep would sound. At first we thought it was a CO detector, then a smoke alarm in the hallway. We had both of them dismantled and sitting near us in the living room when we heard the beep again! Grrr. It turned out to be the smoke detector in the guest room that I didn't even know was there. (The smoke detector, not the guest room. I knew the guest room was there, silly.)
7. We had a fun Labor Day weekend. Our original plans were to go to Chicago, but we ended up at an Old Threshers Reunion in southeast Iowa. I'll write more and post pictures soon. Intrigued, aren't you?
8. I love our king size bed. We've had it for a bit more than a year. I love the size, I love the comfy-ness of it. When we travel I sincerely wish I could bring our bed with us. :)
9. I don't love that dear, sweet, wonderful, loving Hubby snores. It does keep me up sometimes. But when I find myself getting frustrated, I think about how it would be if he wasn't there anymore. I'd rather have a snoring hubby than no hubby. I posted this video a couple of years ago, but I think it's worth a re-post. Watch it.
3 comments:
I relate to all your points :) Especially the snoring. Dan's CPAP machine is a lifesaver. It was either that or I get my own bedroom.
Fall is my favorite season of the year but I have to squash the thought that winter is just around the corner too. I enjoy the beginning of winter but last year's weather is still pretty fresh in my mind so I'm not ready to think about that yet.
My random comments: 1)looked at your "live visitors feed" and realized I am your visitor from "Oakland, CA." Wondered what I'd show up as. 2) We just got a King size bed for the first time when we moved back and I love it - especially as summer is hot! and body warmth is not appreciated right now. 3) Husband snoring is the perfect excuse to read in middle of night without getting scolded. :) Have a blessed day.
Post a Comment