1. What do you do at the first sign of a cold? Will you get a flu shot this year?
I am amazed that I have not had a cold in a really long time. Two years maybe? That is not normal for me, but I'll take it! Believe it or not, I have never had a flu shot. Not planning on it this year either. But, back to the first question... when I feel a cold coming on I'll make sure I have Puffs Plus on hand and then feel sorry for myself and make sure everyone else around me does too. :)
2. What advice can you give about how to conquer fear?
Not a good question for me to try to answer right now, because I have no answer. I have the same question rolling around in my head. I actually wrote down a long list of Things I am Afraid Of late one night last week. Still battling with how to deal with that. I should hop around to all the others who have participated in this week's Hodgepodge to see how they answer this question.
Not a good question for me to try to answer right now, because I have no answer. I have the same question rolling around in my head. I actually wrote down a long list of Things I am Afraid Of late one night last week. Still battling with how to deal with that. I should hop around to all the others who have participated in this week's Hodgepodge to see how they answer this question.
3. Share two good things about your life right now.
1) My husband loves me.
2) Jesus Christ is my Savior and paid the penalty for my sins.
These are the things I cling to, especially in light of my answer to #2.
These are the things I cling to, especially in light of my answer to #2.
4. A hot fall fashion trend in 2011 is a return to sixties style...tunics with pants, shift dresses, pencil skirts, cinched waists, bold prints, high necklines and short lengths to name a few. How does this fashion trend fit with your wardrobe and personal sense of style?
I would say that my personal style does not fit into any of the things listed here. Maybe I have finally reached the I'm Old and Look It Because My Clothes Aren't Up-To-Date Stylish. Sigh. At least I pay someone good money to make my hair not look quite as old as I am.
5. Were you involved in scouting as a kid? How about as an adult?
I was in Brownies, but never went on with Girl Scouts. I think that was because I was involved in 4H for 8 or 9 years as I was growing up.
6. Apple, pear, plum, pumpkin...your favorite fall flavor?
Pumpkin! I love pumpkin pie. But wait, I do live in Minnesota and Honey Crisp apples were created in Minnesota... those are the best!
Pumpkin! I love pumpkin pie. But wait, I do live in Minnesota and Honey Crisp apples were created in Minnesota... those are the best!
7. What characteristics do you think are essential in a good teacher?
Kind, engaged, expects a lot from each student, firm in those expectations, willing to have a give-and-take discussion with a student... (don't EVEN get me started on my daughter's sophomore English teacher...She did NOT have these characteristics.)
Kind, engaged, expects a lot from each student, firm in those expectations, willing to have a give-and-take discussion with a student... (don't EVEN get me started on my daughter's sophomore English teacher...She did NOT have these characteristics.)


4 comments:
I love that photo...my oldest looks so much like the hubs did as a baby/toddler...there are a couple of pictures that make you do a double take.
Moving overseas with teenagers went a long way in making me face my fears. It is something I battle though and I try to keep those reassuring verses at the top of my brain.
Great answer to #3.
Funny how their's always a teacher that we remember that could have done better.
What an adorable photo! She does look a lot like him :)
My teacher in kindergarten really should have retired LONG before I even came to school. She didn't of course, and thanks to her, even after all of these years, I still remember how miserable it was to be in her class.
I also remember the teachers who made a positive impact on my life though, and for them, I am truly thankful!
The baby pictures are so cute...and very similar! You chose the very best things to cling to in #3. :)
Post a Comment