Friday, September 16, 2011

Psalm 13

I have been praying earnestly, even desperately for something for more than a year. Last week I came across this Psalm and it speaks my heart:

How long, O LORD? Will You forget me forever?
   How long will you hide Your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
   and every day have sorrow in my heart?
   How long will my enemy triumph over me?
 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
   Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,”
   and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
 But I trust in Your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
   for He has been good to me. 

When my heart is crying "How long, O Lord?", I try to remind myself of the last couple of verses:

But I trust in Your unfailing love;
   my heart rejoices in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
   for He has been good to me. 



1 comment:

Drew and Rachel said...

have you heard the Shane & Shane song for this psalm? it's really good, check it out, it's called "Psalm 13".