Sunday, October 3, 2010

October Photo Journal -- Day 3

Today's picture's are of my hubby's hard work. He's been painting the front door and side-light red. It was previously an orange-y shade of red and needed to be painted, so we choose a deeper red. I really like how it's turning out. Sorry for the shadows. It was late in the day when I took this.


Next weekend he wants to paint the floor of the front porch. We're trying to decide what color. The top of the picture shows the siding of the house. The paint chips are laying on the deck. It's currently a light gray. We're thinking either a dark gray or chocolate brown. Any opinions out there?

Here's a picture of the front of the house (minus half of the garage):



3 comments:

Jenny - AKA - frogmama said...

Oooh, that will look nice! And I see he is using some high-quality 3M product there!

I'm not real great with colors... my first thought would be the chocolate brown because of the warm tones in the door and siding. But it may look wrong with the gray roof? Hmmm...

Frankly, I think either would be an improvement - it will bring more attention to the fact that there is a porch there!

:)

Gigi said...

Well, I love all things chocolate ;) but that gray is a lovely shade and would go so well with the other colors!

Anonymous said...

Do you live right next to a cornfield? Looks like a nice place!

Pam