Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Random Dozen Answers to a Dozen Random Questions!

1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie?
It depends on which came first. I think it's tacky when a book is written after a movie that was popular. 

Recently I read To Kill a Mockingbird and then really wanted to watch the movie. The movie did not disappoint and I think reading the book first helped me understand the movie better.

I love to see how the movie visualizes what I visualized as I was reading the book. When The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe movie came out I loved seeing everything I had imagined. (My son even said, "That's exactly how I pictured Lucy.") (Oh, and can I say? I am so excited to see The Voyage of the Dawn Treader!) (In theaters December 10!)

2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
We've had some pretty great Thanksgivings lately. We have loved inviting all sorts of people to join us for Thanksgiving dinner. It's been so fun to have our table full of family and friends. And the food? I just love the simple menu. It's all pretty much a given with the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. (Oh the carbohydrates!)

3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach?
MOUNTAINS! Who wouldn't love this? (I actually "borrowed" this picture from my son-in-law. This was the view from the cabin they rented for their honeymoon. Estes Park. Oh. My.)

4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive?
A Toyota Highlander with a sunroof. Oasis Green. Wait. That is what I drive! How amazing is that?! (If I were to add anything to that it would have GPS and a place to hook up my iPod.)

5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage?
Iced Tea. I drink it all year round.

6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook?
Email or Facebook. I don't have any friends here where I live that I can communicate face-to-face with.

7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box?
The mailbox is at the end of the driveway.

8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (Here's the definition of those four types.)
Oh, I don't know. Maybe a bit of Melancholic with a bit of Choleric tossed in. Definitely no Phlegmatic in there. (A side note here: I think the whole personality-type stuff can put people in too much of a box. While I do agree that people have different personalities, constantly trying to label someone so they fit in a box does more of a disfavor than is helpful.) (There. I feel better now having gotten that off my chest. Whew.)


9. What do you miss the most about being 20?
My body. I thought I was overweight then. Sheesh.

10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning? 
Usually somewhere around 1 1/2 to 2 hours. I think I'm high maintenance. Sorry Hubby!

11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family?
The hubby pays the bills. He likes it. Go figure.
He takes care of the maintenance of his car and I take care of mine. (Soooo not my favorite thing to do.) You can read about my latest escapade here. (And by "take care of mine", I mean I drive it to the mechanic and tell them to do whatever they do.)

12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited?
I've been to somewhere around 38 states. And for kicks, I'll answer how many countries I've visited. (Just because I used to live in Singapore and at one time I could have been classified as "outside the US".) I've visited around 14 countries (if you count the thousand or so times I landed in Tokyo. I did spend the night there once due to a canceled flight, so I guess it counts.) (I have also been to 4 provinces in Canada.) Jeepers, that's a lot of traveling.

9 comments:

Nel said...

Enjoyed your answers! Estes Park is beautiful. Love the Rockies!
Thanks for sharing.
until next time... nel

Melli said...

We have had some great Thanksgivings recently too. This year, a friend of mine and her 3 little boys will be joining us. I'm very excited about that!

Those ARE some gorgeous mountains! I fell in love with the Rockies when I was out in Colorado... but MAN! Those are some gorgeous mountains!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Loved reading your answers.

Your picture of the mountains at Estes Park reminded me of our visit this past June, and surprisingly I enjoyed the visit more than I thought I would, since I'm a BEACH LOVER. I wouldn't mind going back ... but I still prefer the beach. ha!

Joyce said...

I'm like you without a lot of face to face friends in this new town. A few are developing but its been slooow going.

Love the mountain pic! My grandparents had a farm outside of Denver and I love the Rockies!

And I agree-I think a book written after a movie is silly. Hope you have a great day!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love Christmas but Thanksgiving is a close second. We spend each summer in the mountains and I adore them. I tried to think of a warm drink, I should have just said 1/2 lemonade 1/2 water like I drink all year too. Being young and 20 we think things will never change. We never appreciate things until they are gone. Thanks for stopping over today.

Jerralea said...

I love that photo of Estes Park!

I agree with you about labeling personalities. I'm me, and there's a little bit of all those personality types that make up me!

I also agree that writing a book after a movie is silly!

Mocha with Linda said...

Gorgeous mountain photo!

Your age 20 answer cracked me up.

I can't wait for turkey and dressing!

Teresa Dawn said...

Love the photos, looks like the mountains here.

Carol said...

The Rocky Mountains are amazing. The mountins in British Columbia are amazing. The coasts on both sides of the country are amazig. Isn't Nature wonderful?

Enjoyed your answers.