Sunday, October 10, 2010

October Photo Journal -- Day 10

We're kind of having a bit of a hard time finding a church to plug in to here. Yesterday we had the idea to make a bit of a drive (only 240 miles round trip) and visit the church of an old family friend. It did not disappoint. It was great fun to surprise our friends, the church people were friendly, and the sermon was very thought provoking. Basically, the summary is: As Christians, are we being influenced by the culture or are we influencing the culture around us? I've really been thinking about this recently, so I especially enjoyed the sermon.

During the prayer, I sneaked a picture of our friend:(Shhh...don't tell!)


 He's even written some Bible studies over the years. Our small group went through this one a few years ago.

 It was a good Sunday morning and well worth the trip.

1 comment:

Grant said...

So wonderful to reconnect with you yesterday! I hope we get to meet up again soon. Let us know if you're ever in Omaha.