Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Twin Quilts

A few months ago my sister asked me if I would make a couple of quilt for her. She was wanting something bright and fun for a room her grandkids will stay in when they visit.

I went online to look for some fabric line ideas and ended up sending her probably a dozen different ideas. I think I overwhelmed her a bit (grin), but there are soooo many pretty fabrics out there! I kept looking and kept saying, "Ooo! I like this one!" then "Ooo! Maybe this one!" and "Oh! I can't leave this one out!"

Anyway... we finally decided on the fabric line and the pattern for the quilts and I got to work.

The final results:::



 I used different fabrics for the borders and the backs. I also decided the bindings needed to be a scrappy look with many of the fabrics that are in the quilts.

I like how they turned out and I hope my sister does too when she sees them!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY, VERY, VERY, PRETTY

Drew and Rachel said...

hi there Judy. hope all's well.

you are whipping out quilts an an astonishing rate!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Gorgeous quilts! I like the borders ... and excellent choice with the scrappy bindings.

Beth said...

Wrong sister, but I LOVE them! They turned out great, all 6 girls will love them!