1. Have you learned more from success or failure? Explain.
You know, I think most people would answer that they learn more from failure. But, I read Joyce's answer and I think I agree with her.
I learn more from success because then I have the courage to try something new again. If I fail at something, I'm less likely to try it again or to try something similar again.
2. What did you call your grandparents when you were growing up? If you have children, what do they call your parents? If you have grandchildren, what do they call you?
I called all my grandparents Grandma or Grandpa. I would use the last name when trying to specify which person I was talking about. My kids started out calling my parents Nana and Papa, but eventually all their grandparents were called Grandma and Grandpa. Whenever the grandchildren arrive, I think I would like to be called Grammy.
3. You're invited to a luau. In keeping with that theme, what dish will you bring to share?
I'd probably make a giant fresh fruit salad with pineapple, mango and papaya being the lead fruits.
4. Besides Jesus, what one person's life story do you think everyone should know about?
Corri ten Boom
5. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Agree or Disagree? Why?
I think if you don't sweat small stuff and don't hang on to it then that's fine to let it slide. Also, one's person's small stuff may not be another person's small stuff. Hmmm. Something to think about.
6. June is National Rivers Month. When were you last on a river? What's the prettiest river you've ever seen? What's a river you'd like to see?
We went on a Mississippi River cruise last October near St. Louis. It was interesting, but not the most scenic there along the river.
7. Speaking of rivers-paddling, fishing, swimming, or bird watching safely from the shore? Which activity would you choose? Yes-you have to choose.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I finally finished reading Jane Eyre. It was a free download for my Kindle, otherwise I don't think I would have ever read it. It liked it a whole lot more than I thought I would. I am glad I read in on my Kindle because there were a lot of words that I didn't know the meaning of and I could just tap on the word and up would pop a definition! When a book is written in 1847, some words are bound to change meaning or not be in use anymore. There were a lot of words that said archaic before the definition.

2 comments:
I like what you said abou one person's small stuff might not be another person's small stuff. So true.
I need to check amazon.com for free kindle books, including Jane Eyre.
And living just 20 minutes from the Mississippi at St. Louis, have to agree that it's not a very pretty or scenic river there. :-(
Interesting story about Corri ten Boom. I have to go back and read more about her, thank you for sharing. What a pretty bird. Lots of fruit salads at that Luau we are having!!
Post a Comment