Hubby and I had a good weekend together. I will admit, though that basically every weekend with my hubby is good. I never grow tired of hanging out with that guy.
Friday, Hubby left work a little early and we hit the golf course for the first time this season. The weather finally cooperated. Even still, it was a little chilly and my feet were a lot colder than I thought they were and took a while to warm up. :/ Sadly, Hubby didn't have a good game. Kinda rusty from the 8 or 9 month hiatus away from golfing. But I am happy to report that my golf-cart-driving-skills were not rusty at all. ha.
A good part of Saturday involved being lazy together. Sweet.
Saturday afternoon we went out together to run some errands.
On the list were:
Get cash from the ATM; Wash the car; Pick up a prescription; Mail some bills.
Result:
The ATM at the bank was "unable to dispense cash". So we drove across town to a convenience store and both the ATMs in there were "out of order".
Didn't wash the car because it was raining. Again.
The pharmacy was closed due to some emergency.
So then we headed to the post office which is in the "mall" here. (I say "mall" because it is really a sorry excuse for a mall. Really sorry.) It was an adventure just getting to the mail boxes between a semi blocking the way to the three bad drivers hubby had to dodge and all the ginormous pot-holes... we were just laughing by the time we got to the mail box to drop the letters in.
So all of that to do one of the four things we wanted to accomplish.
That was our entertainment for Saturday.
Yippee.
The rest of Saturday spent sewing (me) reading (Hubby) and watching some DVRd shows and eating popcorn.
Sunday afternoon we drove up to the town we used to live in and went to a high school graduation party. It is surreal to be in that town. Things look the same, yet different because it's not our town any more. Our house looks the same. We kinda shake our heads though. There was such a stink by inspectors, etc. about the roof. Three years later the shingles still haven't been replaced. Funny.
Hubby suggested we go out for supper before we hit the party. So we went to Buffalo Wild Wings and enjoyed a yummy meal. (We even ran into some friends who were so fun to see.) Turns out Hubby's idea was a very very good idea. The food at the grad party was a Hot Dog Bar. Hubby's least favorite food ever is hot dogs. Ever. So we were able to enjoy talking with the people and not listen to our growling bellies.
I always hate to see the weekend come to an end. Mondays are not my favorite because of that.
1 comment:
How sweet that ou still enjoy spending time with your hubby. I enjoy time with my hubby - hard for me to understand women who complain about their husbands being around 24/7 after they retire. I love it!
And I'm with your hubby - I'm not a fan of hot dogs either.
Post a Comment