Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The Old Redemption Story

Yesterday I was out and about running through a long list of errands. Lately, my drive time is increased because of road construction in town. The one road I can take into town (we live on the edge of town) is closed for a while, so I have to drive out into the country and round about to get into town. Kind of a pain, but I'm thankful it's not winter with snowy roads to deal with. And for an added bonus, there is more time to listen to music!

I don't know about others, but when I come across a song that is really speaking to me, I listen to it over and over and over and sometimes over again.

Yesterday's song was Victory in Jesus. An old hymn.

I got to thinking how I feel like an utter failure in so many areas of my life. I feel like my life is pretty fruitless right now. But there is one thing I can claim victory in. I have victory in Jesus because of His death on the cross.

O victory in Jesus,
My Savior, forever.
He sought me and bought me
With His redeeming blood;
He loved me ere I knew Him,
And all my love is due Him,
He plunged me to victory,
Beneath the cleansing flood

Jesus sought me. He bought me through dying on the cross for me. He loved me before I even knew Him.

I heard about His healing,
Of His cleansing power revealing.
How He made the lame to walk again
And caused the blind to see;
And then I cried, "Dear Jesus,
Come and heal my broken spirit,"
And somehow Jesus came and brought
To me the victory.

I know when I ask Him to heal my broken spirit, He will heal me and bring me the victory.

I think my most favoritest verse is:

I heard about a mansion
He has built for me in glory.
And I heard about the streets of gold
Beyond the crystal sea;
About the angels singing,
And the old redemption story,
And some sweet day I'll sing up there
The song of victory. 


!


(This is the version I had on repeat yesterday)

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'd never heard that version, and I have to tell you that I really enjoyed it ... such an uptempo song, it made me almost want to start dancing with joy.