Sunday, November 18, 2012

Month of Thankfulness - Day 18

Sunday: A Blessed Day

Hubby and I joined our son and daughter-in-law at their church this morning for worship. I love their church. The music is always fantastic. Today's instruments were a piano and a cello. (The sound of a cello just gives me the chills.) I am so thankful that they are able to worship at a church that truly preaches the gospel. I always get so much practical stuff from the sermons. Every sermon wraps up with the gospel message. The service usually ends with me in tears, I am so moved. What really got me today was being served communion by my son and daughter-in-law. Words cannot describe the emotions. What kind of a loving God do we have that would allow me (& hubby) to experience that moment?

After that simply marvelous morning we enjoyed a yummy BBQ lunch and some fun shopping with the son and daughter-in-law.

Then I spent three and a half hours at Panera (which in and of itself would be great) with an old friend. We first met in choir when Hubby and I were first married and lived in Wichita, Kansas. My friend and I have moved around a lot over the years and even lost touch for several years. We got back in touch and text each other often, but don't often get the opportunity to actually see each other. This trip it happened to work out that we were both able to spend some time together. SO MUCH FUN! I don't think we really spent three and a half hours just sitting there talking, but that is what the clock indicated, so I guess I have to believe it.

This evening we enjoyed a late supper with our daughter and son-in-law. They encouraged us to try something brand new to Hubby and I.

Sushi! At one point in my life I thought I would never want to eat sushi. Megan and Zach have told us about this place and we said we'd like to go with them sometime if they would order for us. And can I say? We really did like it! I'd go again (with someone who knew what they were ordering).

I am thankful for...
...God's truth being preached
...singing with the body of Christ
...partaking in communion
...an afternoon spent with a friend I first met 28 years ago
...that friendship
...my daughter
...the enjoyment of food

1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Meeting up with an old friend is such a blessing!

Good for you to try sushi! I'd be willing to try it ... I'm a pretty adventurous eater. But I know that DH would not be willing to give it a try. ;-)