I just commented to my hubby that coming here to hang out with the kids for this half a week was a really great idea. Funny thing is, neither of us can remember who was the first one to suggest it. In my opinion, that's one of the beautiful things of 28 years of marriage. The two of us tend to think alike and we talk things through as though we were one. Hey! I think that was God's plan all along!
Our day started with a late breakfast with our daughter and son-in-law. Yummy, yummy food and great company. The belly laughs sure helped too!
The rest of the day was spent playing dominoes;
(I didn't win one single game. I may or may not have been distracted with my new toy phone.)
and watching this little guy's antics:
(I'm not really clear on why he did this. But he seemed very happy.)
Megan fixed us some yummy soup and fresh bread for an early supper, and then Hubby and son went to a football game. Their Alma Maters were playing each other in football. Us girls went shopping at........
wait for it....
TARGET! So fun to wander around together.
I'm thankful for...
...my kids (all four: the two I raised and the two we were blessed with)
...laughter
...that silly dog
...God's blessings on our family
...the oneness in marriage

3 comments:
I love your thought about two being one. Sounds like you all have been having a wonderful time.
When we meet up someday we'll play Mexican Train Dominoes : )
And I'm thankful that the right team won... Iowa State!
Post a Comment