Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Month of Thankfulness - Day 13

I'm finally getting around to posting this kind of late tonight. I was out of town until this evening, then Hubby and I had to talk for a while to catch up on each other's day.  Now we're watching the evening news and I thought I'd better get to writing.

Where did I go today? I drove back to the town we lived in previously to get my hair done. The gal there has done my hair for 11 years and I just can't seem to bring myself to find someone new. So every couple of months I make the 90 mile drive. She and I always have a great conversation and she is a magician at taking years off my look! ;) I also add in a little Target shopping while I'm in that town. So it's worth the drive, of course.

As I've said before, I love to listen to music while I drive. Today's indulgence was Travis Cottrell. He does the worship for Beth Moore's Living Proof Live conferences. Today's CD is called When The Stars Burn Down. The last song on the CD is called Thanks Be To Our God. Awesome, awesome song. I hit repeat multiple songs and have my own little worship service.

(And it's taking me a long time to finish this because I am distracted with Pinterest and chatting with a friend on Facebook and email and look! at all those pretty pictures on Pinterest...)

(I'm easily distracted tonight)

(Squirrel!) (Name that movie...)

I am thankful for...
...music (again!) (surprise!)
...my hair magician
...coming home to my hubby
...Target
...for these lyrics:

For the mysteries beyond the veil of death,
For the peace that opens with our closing breath,
When our struggles pass away, and we finally see Your face,
And a greater glory rises into You.
Thanks be to our God!
 



1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Up - I love that movie.

I love shopping at Target ... thankfully there's one about 5 miles from here. ;-)