**Reposted From October 15, 2007
Today marks the five year anniversary of this here blog. I thought I would re-post my very first post. This explains the reason for the name Just Enough Light.
Trust.
Why do I lack trust when God has yet to fail me? I pray as I move on in my life, I remember God's faithfulness to me and my loved ones as we have faced difficult times. It seems the more difficult thing is waiting on God's timing. But His timing is always perfect. Just think how we'd mess things up if we rushed ahead. I am so guilty of wanting to do that.
Just Enough Light
Sometimes only the step I'm on,
or the very next one ahead,
is all that is illuminated for me.
God gives just the amount of light I need
for the exact moment I need it.
At those times I walk in surrender to faith,
unable to see the future
and not fully comprehending the past.
And because it is God who has given me
what light I have,
I know I must reject the fear and
doubt that threaten to overtake me.
I must determine to be content where
I am, and allow God to get me where
I need to go.
I walk forward,
one step at a time,
fully trusting that
the light God sheds
is absolutely sufficient.
-Stormie Omartian
Sometimes only the step I'm on,
or the very next one ahead,
is all that is illuminated for me.
God gives just the amount of light I need
for the exact moment I need it.
At those times I walk in surrender to faith,
unable to see the future
and not fully comprehending the past.
And because it is God who has given me
what light I have,
I know I must reject the fear and
doubt that threaten to overtake me.
I must determine to be content where
I am, and allow God to get me where
I need to go.
I walk forward,
one step at a time,
fully trusting that
the light God sheds
is absolutely sufficient.
No comments:
Post a Comment