We thoroughly enjoyed our vacation to St. Louis, Paducah and Memphis. I decided I love to hear a southern accent. There is something just musical and soft about it. Although I usually prefer a vacation where we just stay in one place and don't have a ton of travel and sightseeing on the agenda, this trip was just perfect. Before we left home, I told my husband that I wasn't sure I even wanted to go. I believe that God knew just what we needed just when we needed it. We had such a sweet time together.
I am so grateful for how my husband gives to me over and over again. A perfect example of that is the fact that over the course of our week long trip, we stopped at seven different quilt shops. Yes. SEVEN. Hubby is so patient and kind and giving. He gladly waited in the car while I drooled over bolts and bolts of fabric. He never flinched when I came out with yet another bag of fabric. How did I get so blessed?
I think I will stop gushing and just post a picture or two of some of the great fabric I added to my stash.
Some of the fabric I have projects in mind for, others are just awaiting ideas!
The pile of fabric below is a real prize. These are all old feed sack fabric from my grandmother.
My sister shared these with me.

1 comment:
I love the fabrics you chose and can't wait to see how you use them.
Your hubby is a keeper, as is mine. Whenever I ask to stop at a quilt shop, he never complains, just sits patiently in the car ... and always checks to make sure that I bought enough (he remembers all too well how frustrated I was when I miscalculated on fabric for a quilt and didn't have enough ... and the shop was out of that fabric ... so the quilt was smaller than I had intended).
Post a Comment