I can't decide if I have been busy or if there is nothing going on. My guess is a likely little of both.
We visited my parents a couple of weekends ago. I had great intentions of photographing the highlights so I'd have material for the old blog. But..... somehow I totally forgot. Totally. Did not touch my camera one single time.
We met my parents at our son-in-law's mother's restaurant. (Did you follow that?) Or how about: our daughter's mother-in-law's restaurant? Clearer? Oh, I think you know what I mean.
She has a great little place in a small town in Iowa. She serves really amazing food.
(Insert here pictures of my Quiche Lorraine and Lemon Chess Pie.) (You know, if I would have stopped talking long enough to take a picture.) (Sigh)
Later that night we went to a symphony concert.
All this is riveting news, I know. Try not to fall asleep.
In other news, outside the window I can see most of the ground! WooHoo!! We've had snow on the ground since the beginning of November. It's actually been warmer here and THE SNOW IS MELTING! I walked out to the mailbox yesterday and actually said to myself, "It's a pretty day!" It will take quite a while for that 7 foot drift in the back yard to melt.
Another news-breaking item: Three different times in the last three weeks, the laundry basket has been empty for 2 whole hours each time.
So I guess that means I'm hard up for entertainment.
But then, there is that new dishwasher we bought to watch. It sure is nice and quiet and actually gets the dishes clean!
This week I decided to do something every day. Since the weather is finally getting nicer, I don't mind going out. (No nasty snow on the roads and in the parking lots to schlop through.) This week I decided I would go out for lunch every day. And then to a store. I don't mind going out for lunch by myself. Well, I don't really go out all alone, I take a book. And today the Hubby joined me! Bonus!
After lunch today I wandered into a drug/gift store downtown and saw this:
I think it's the result of an explosion. It was scary. A moment that was definitely not precious. (Get it? Oh, I make myself laugh.)
Okay, I think I will end all this, um, this, er, exciting recap.
You're welcome.

2 comments:
Well I won't rub it in that it's suppose to get up to 80 here this weekend.
We are living very similar lives. Too bad you're not closser...we could go to lunch together.
We had a pretty day yesterday too. We also still have snow in a frozen heap at the top of the drive but the grass is clear. I think we got up to 60 yesterday...I hope this weather sticks!
Post a Comment