Thursday, March 24, 2011

Basic Breakfast Potatoes (Pioneer Woman)

**Another great addition from me for our Cooking Through PW Cooks Adventure.**

Basic Breakfast Potatoes. There is only one problem with me fixing a breakfast food. I am not a morning person.
 (Which comes as no shock to anyone who has known me for any length of time or who has read this blog for any length of time.)
(By the way, I heard a news story a few weeks ago about what makes someone a morning person or a night person. They said that it's just the physical make up of a person. That it's largely in the genes. Here's the link to the story.)

Let's see, where was I?

Breakfast Potatoes. Oh yeah.

This is a very simple recipe using just a few ingredients. It's a good way to use a left-over baked potato or two. Dice the baked potato and some onion.

Anyone like how I matched the bowl to the cutting board??

Using olive oil and some bacon fat for flavor, saute the onion, add the potatoes and fry it all up in a pan. They key is to let it sit so the potatoes get nice and crispy.


In case you are wondering, I made these for supper along with some scramble eggs with mushroom and broccoli. It was all very yummy!

If you have any leftover they are great to use in breakfast burritos. (I think there is a post coming sometime about Pioneer Woman's recipe for that.)

2 comments:

Joyce said...

I wish I didn't love fried potatoes but I do. My recipe is similar but I don't break it out very often these days!

Anonymous said...

I grew up on these---I didn't know there was a receipe!!!
Mom