Monday, March 21, 2011

It's the Principle of the Thing

Today is The Day After The First Day of Spring! Finally. Yippee!

The good news is the snow melting! I may have mentioned that before, but seeing the bare ground brings me such great relief that Spring Is Coming!

The other good news is that I have put my winter coat away for the season! (on the-edge-of-your-seat news, I know...) There is just something in me that cannot wear a winter coat after the first day of spring. yes, I know the highs are only in the mid-thirties this week. It's the principle, people, the principle. (...and yes, I know, Joyce, mid-thirties isn't really warm.) It's the principle of the thing, that, and I am sick and tired of wearing my winter coat.

We had a good weekend together, the hubby and I. Saturday we drove to a northern Iowa lake resort area for lunch and to check out a store that recycles building materials. Not that we are renovating anything, we were just curious. We did see some pretty cool looking really old sinks and doors. But mostly, it was a fun date.

Sunday we went to church where we previously lived. I think we had tried to go three other times over the last several months and every time there was bad weather. We did have to drive back in fog, but it wasn't too terrible.

We enjoyed worshiping with our old church family who we miss so much. We got caught up with a bunch of people. That all was very refreshing for me.

We took our favorite elderly friend out for lunch. She is 84 and we were in a Bible study with her for the better part of 9 years. She's never been married and so cheerful and full of life. Oh, and such a sense of humor! Bible studies were so fun with her jokes and the songs she would sing for us sometimes in Swedish and sometimes in Latin. That she loves Jesus is no secret. Her papa was a pastor and she has some great stories of being a preacher's kid.

Besides today being The Day After The First Day Of Spring, today is my parent's wedding anniversary. They have been married for 58 years! Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Here's a picture of them dancing at our daughter's wedding last June. My mom was terribly sick just 7-8 months before this, so is was extra special to see this that day:


Happy Day After The First Day Of Spring!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Weather is relative : ). Yesterday my daughter said it was cold in SC...50 something. I told her it was warm here at 47. Happy Anniversary to your parents! The years should be celebrated and what a great picture!