Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Marching Out With The Wednesday HodgePodge

Another Wednesday, another Wednesday Hodgepodge. Thanks to Joyce@From This Side of the Pond for another set of questions for this week.



1. April rolls in at the end of this week and in celebration of that infamous date (April 1st) answer this question-What is something foolish you've done? 
The first thing that pops into my mind (and by no means the last foolish thing I did), was to join a health club when we were first married. I was suckered into it and we just did not have the money for it.  We did manage to get out of it, but it wasn't easy.

2. With April comes Easter and that classic edible treat known as Peeps...so tell me...what's your favorite way to fix/eat chicken? (That wasn't what you were expecting, was it? I 'fooled' you. teehee.)
I can eat chicken every day and I have lots of different ways to fix it. I will admit, I am a sucker for fried chicken. I don't make that myself, though. There is a pizza place in town that makes great fried chicken. (Yes, I said pizza place...)
Probably my favorite way to prepare chicken is to grill it and marinate it with Italian salad dressing. Mmmmm! I am looking forward to the snow melting away so I can drag the grill out from under the back steps and get busy grilling!

3. What's the best museum you've ever visited? Or your favorite? Or the one you'd most like to visit?
I'd love to go back to the Louvre in Paris and this time hit it long before 30 minutes before closing. That just wasn't long enough. We tried to see the Mona Lisa, but were turned away before we got very close. Sad.

4. You know what they say about April showers...what's your preference- a shower or a bath?
Yes! :) This house is the first house we have owned that has a jetted tub. So my favorite thing is to soak in the tub for a long time (basically while the water heater replenishes) and then take a shower to wash my hair. Ahhhh....!

5. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"...fact or fiction? Why?
My guess is that it depends on where the relationship is to begin with and how much you want to put into it while apart. My hubby came back to work in the US while the kids and I stayed in Singapore so they could finish out the school year. It was tough to be apart for 8 weeks, but we worked hard at communicating and staying connected. I know I learned how much he really contributed to our family and I missed his daily presence.

6. What's your favorite product made/grown in your home state? 
I grew up in Iowa. I will say all of my favorite products have to do with food.

My first choice is fresh corn-on-the-cob:
Oooo yummy. The best thing of the summer!

What else is Iowa known for? 
Pigs!
I don't like how they smell as you drive down the highway, but I sure do like pork. I can eat that almost as often as chicken.

Aaaannd (I know there's lots of food here) I love these potato chips.
They are made in Burlington, IA. Mmmm. They are gooood!
Okay, I will stop talking about food now. I don't want to make you too hungry.

7. What is going on in the world today that affects you the most?
Honestly? I can't think of anything.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
And now it's time for Silly Songs With Larry (The Cucumber, that is):
(Raise your hand if you just love Veggie Tales.)

7 comments:

Expats Again said...

What would our country do without Iowa potatoes and corn! I miss them here in Germany. The world's best, by far!

LynnMarie said...

yes - chips - i do like a good chip. my favorite is sweet potato chips

Thena said...

A jetted tub would definetly make me prefer a bath rather than a shower.

Joyce said...

Have you had Jersey corn? : )

Raising hand...I like Veggie Tales too~
Enjoy your day!

Olson Family said...

Iowa chops! mmmmmm.....

Michelle said...

I love fried chicken.
Speaking of Pizza and chicken...
I'll be making a BBQ chicken pizza in a few days. YUM!

Fresh corn-on-the-cob..Yummy!!

I like pork, but always hesitate to cook it since it must be cooked thoroughly. Afraid I'll under-cook it and get sick.

I love most foods, and can't believe I lost 5lbs this week :)

I am raising my hand for the love of VeggieTales. WooHoo!!

Anonymous said...

I think almost every married couple makes the "gym mistake." We did it...twice, although the second time I actually used the membership a lot. We still didn't have much money, but at least it was put to good use the second go-round.