Thursday, December 9, 2010

An Army in the Flood and Fire

 We got one of those phone calls yesterday evening that makes it hard to be so far from our family. Our son called to say he was heading to the hospital with his wife. She had been vomiting quite severely and they just knew something wasn't right. Turns out she has a not-very-serious (but serious enough to be admitted to the hospital) infection in her blood (sepsis). She's been getting antibiotics and is doing much better. She has an Army praying for her. (I'd appreciate prayers from my Internet friends, too!)

Our son is a music junkie. He says he turned on his iTunes this afternoon to random and this is the first song that played:



(It is basically the 23rd Psalm.)

His comment on his Facebook page was "Random song, huh God?"

God is so awesome in His tender care of His people.

This verse came to mind:


When you pass through the waters,
   I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
   they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
   you will not be burned;
   the flames will not set you ablaze. 
Isaiah 43:2

Hopefully our daughter-in-law will be able to go home tomorrow morning.


2 comments:

Caleb Sommerville said...

Thanks for the prayers. Amanda's doing great. We should be getting out tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Gigi said...

Absolutely I will be praying...I am glad she is doing so well and as I see from your son's comment - may already be discharged as I'm typing. So my focus will be on thanksgiving and the glory that this has brought to Him!