1. Have you ever been on a real sleigh ride? How about the warm weather version - a carriage ride?
No! and No! And I really, really, REALLY want to do BOTH of those!! I have a BIG birthday coming up next month and I have entertained the thought of a carriage ride around Central Park. But, you know, it's January and I think it's likely to be COLD in New York. And, oh how I have dreamed about a sleigh ride in the snow in the mountains. But, we live a looong ways from the mountains and from New York.
2. What's your policy on 'chain mail'...you know, the emails you receive that are often some sort of poem/blessing/good wish that ask you to send it on to 10 or 12 friends? Do you delete without opening, read and trash, read and trash and then worry you won't be blessed/lucky/protected? Do you delete the sender from your contacts or just go ahead and send the love onward?
Most of the time I just delete those types of emails without reading them. Sometimes I glance at them. They are always stupid. Does someone really believe they would be blessed/lucky/protected?
3. Who is your favorite character in any of the Christmas movies and why?
Mary Bailey in It's a Wonderful Life. I just love how she consistently has her heart set on George. LOVE this scene:
4. Share a favorite quote.
Several years ago, my father-in-law photographed a very old headstone in New England that said "She Done All She Could." I want that as my epitaph.
5. What's your favorite holiday scent?
My mom's Swedish Rye Bread. Mmmm. I think I need to make some.6. Does the Christmas season stress you out? In what way?
Sometimes. This year I'm feeling a little stressed because I just cannot get my self in the mood to drag out the Christmas decorations. I guess I have a couple more weeks before the kids get here... 7. What's the best thing about your life right now?
The BEST thing is the fact that Jesus Christ is my Savior. The next best is being able to live with my Best Friend, my hubby. I'd truly be lost without either of those. 8. Insert your own random thought here.
My grandma used to use Dippity-Do on my hair when I was little. She would put my hair in pigtails and then use Dippity-Do to plaster the little hairs down. I remember sitting in church with her and picking at the stiff hairs. Oh, the memories.
(How's that for random?)


7 comments:
Dippity Doo! I haven't thought about that in ages but as soon as I read the word I started singing the song in my head...that must have been some good marketing since I still remember the jingle : )
You can wrap up in a blanket in a Central Park carriage...just sayin'
Bread baking-that's another good one....thanks for playing a long!
i LOVE It's A Wonderful Life. LOVE. :)
I remember Dippity Do! Now it's going to be on my brain all day. Thanks a lot. :-)
Would you believe I have never watched It's a Wonderful Life?
My mom used to use Dippity Doo on me when I was a kid! Now I just let my hair have its own way and stick up all over my head. Great answers, especially #3 and #4. I love that scene from It's A Wonderful Life, too. Merry Christmas!
When I was young I did the central park ride. I was in April so it wasn't TOO cold.
I forgot about the smell of baking bread...yum.
I thinks all moms must have tortured their girls with some sort of hair product. I remember sleeping in pink rollers and the smell of dippity-doo.
I didn't mention Mary but she is a great one! Rye bread, isn't it the best. I bet it was awesome. Yes, I don't know where my mood is this year. It's pissing me off! Jesus is the best, great answer.
Post a Comment